Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Swamped

That's how I've been responding when people ask me how I am.
Which is partially true..In the last 3 weeks of this semester, when I'm usually telling myself it's time to start revising, I've 8 assignments to pass up. Or 9 considering one of the assignments is a combination of two.

Whoop-de-doo for me.

It's been a bit frustrating because every time I'm tempted to unwind a little (especially after handing up an assignment), I am reminded of how much I have left to do. So I work a little on it..only to become aware of just HOW MUCH I HAVE LEFT TO DO!

Then I start to stress out and panic and checking out food blogs haha
You know, to distract myself =p

At this moment, I am confident I have the time to do what needs to be done. I can see a clear plan, a nice timeline of what I need to do. Soon, I'll be stressing again. Then I'll be tempted to run away from my work and...

ugh it's a never-ending circle.

I think I've allowed it to make me a hermit. Not that I was a social butterfly to begin with anyway but..the guilt I feel when I'm rushing my work at the last minute isn't fun so I'll rather omit some of the things I enjoy regularly instead. And I just don't have the energy to have a proper conversation with anyone right now.

But I am determined...I shall work hard! And reap the rewards later :)
In the meantime, maaf for being anti-social.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr