Friday, July 8, 2011

I have a tumblr site!

Helloo
I've started using tumblr over at wennietheboo.tumblr.com
Just because it's really easy to post up links/pictures/videos there instead. And because I started following eatyourkimchi on tumblr haha
Right now I periodically update it with stuff that I find interesting but I'll still use this site to post up my thoughts whenever I finally put them into words. I just keep blanking out whenever I have blogger open :/

I've also started knitting again! Will I finally finish my first scarf? Hm..I'm really loving the wool I'm using (it's so soft and FLUFFY!) but it's pink and grey and is really begging to be knitted into a cute shirt for a baby instead. Ah well, maybe I'll put the scarf on my baby pooh bear toy if I get shy about wearing it.

2 comments:

electronicfly said...

oooo! i pinjamed my cousin's knitting needles to start learning how to knit, but tak jadi T.T Daiso's the cheapest place to buy the yarn(?) but I've no clue which to buy that'll suite my needles T.T

wen said...

Haha can try watching youtube videos..but yeah, it can be quite difficult to get the first few rows in. I spent hours watching my friend before I finally understood how the funny hand movements got the wool on the needles.

Hm..You can buy cheap yarn to play with but I find them itchy to wear..but I'm allergic to wool anyway hahaha. The one I'm using now is a 100% polyester blend.

As far as I know, the yarn you buy determines how your knitting stitches look like. The furry one I'm using now just looks like a furry cloth when knitted while the more chunky and defined yarn allows you to see patterns you've knitted in the finished product. So I buy the yarn according to what I want to make and how it feels. Mostly on how it feels haha

Post a Comment

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr