Thursday, December 30, 2010

She's my cherry pie

Owh..yesterday was the 29th
I'M LOSING TRACK OF DAYS!
And I cannot believe that this year is almost over...but this blog post is not going to be about my 2010 (hopefully I'll do that in the next few days hee~)

It's because I'm very frustrated. Let's start from the top:

Stef (who's visiting from Sydney. hello!) brought back heaps of cherries with her from a cherry farm. And it reminded me of a wonderful cherry pie/tart that I had in Geelong a couple years ago. Thing is, it's been a while..All I remember was that it had a pastry base, a custard filling topped with whole cherries and I'm pretty sure the custard wasn't baked.

So I started googling it, only to find that according to Joy of Baking there seems to be a difference between pies and tarts. And yet, neither were what I was looking for. So I spent another hour looking up cherry related desserts..and I still cannot find what I'm looking for (U2 reference! heehee)

I feel like giving up but if I do I'll start obsessing about the pie/tart so I'll start googling it again anyhow.

Hence the frustration.

PS: Err..haha in the process of editing this post, I did a little more research (just to verify what I was saying) and somehow found the recipe I was looking for under "Fruit tart".

Fruit tart! YOU SHALL BE MADE :)

PPS: The chorus of that cherry pie rock song is now stuck in my head

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr