Monday, January 11, 2010

One door closes....

First things first, I must say that I'm very thankful to be even blogging at this time.

My bus for the airport leaves in an hour (yes, I'm going back to Malaysia TODAY! Muahahaha).
I'm at my old apartment. I've been cleaning up all day..er night. I'm far from satisfied but if I don't stop myself I'll go all OCD-ish and my hands will be all wrinkly :/

But that's not why I'm thankful.

With the way things were going, I wouldn't have the time to blog.
With the way things went, I wouldn't be at the right place to blog.

And yet, here I am.

I was supposed to pop by my new place over at Flinders before I leave to chuck some stuff there; namely food to be kept in the fridge. But due to some rather embarrassing stuff that shall remain unnamed for now, I found myself stuck on the basement floor at 5.45am (I'm sooo zombie-like right now) and buzzing the people I knew on the floor at that hour was my last resort..if like, my bus was waiting outside la. I decided to hang out at the lobby instead. There's somewhere to sit, weak air-conditioning and a higher chance that someone with a keycard would walk by.

So there I was, praying to avoid panicking because I really don't want to miss my flight and there's rubbish in my apartment that needs to be thrown out before I leave when I heard the lift move. I really didn't dare hope because the lifts seem really noisy at 6am, the person could be going to the basement levels or wouldn't have access to my floor. But ding, a lady in gymwear came out of the lift. And had access to my floor! Happiness is overwhelming man haha. I literally jumped for joy in the lift.

Okay, I'm making it out to be more dramatic than it was but I'm still zombie-fied, kinda why I'm typing my thoughts this way.

Haha my dad just called me to give me a wake up call. I've been up for a while now but yeah, better if he doesn't know that =p

And that's how I spend my last few hours at 409. Gosh, typing it out, the reality is hitting me. I shall miss it! Well, not like I can't visit the place la but really, the 2+ years here (3 in this building alone) were full of memories. I shall miss the gaming sessions on the big table. I shall miss chatting with Moo late at night. Oh wait, we're still roomies haha. I shall miss Moo and Pearly doing funny stuff (by funny I mean embarrassing haha). I shall miss not needing to buy anything for the place because my landlord is so well-equipped. When we first moved in, we didn't buy any toilet paper until the next semester. Ahh, so nice :)

Gosh, I'll miss the large kitchen and the Blue Sofa of Sleep. I'll miss fighting for the blankets in front of the tv. And with people (namely my parents) reminding me how good the location is, how could I forget that?

I won't miss the sun rising on my face. I won't miss having to vacuum carefully. I won't miss having to keep really quiet so we don't disturb the doctor-neighbour. I won't really miss the past few days staying alone in this place. It felt weird. I mean, it was the first time ever I've stayed alone for more than a night. Over the summers I've spent here, there was Moo's brother..with his girlfriend, then Leland, then my brother and Moo to keep me company. Did I get lonely this time? Not really. People regularly called me out (thankfully because left to my own devices I'll just stay at home). The nights seemed scary (Paranormal Activity :/ )but I turned on my music so I wouldn't hear any weird sounds. The thing I hated most was cooking for one. I blamed it on moving my stuff out but really, the effort didn't seem worth it.

All in all, the past 3 years have been interesting. I've grown, for better in some ways, for worse in others. There were tears shed, secrets shared, games played, knowledge learnt and so much more in this place. And 409 will hold a place in my heart...for at least a while hehe

The sun's rising! And so, this morning is the last morning I'll see hot air balloons from this view.
I'm trying to find a picture I took of it a while back but till then, good morning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr