Tuesday, November 10, 2009

When you litter, think about this video.



There's this gyre in the middle of the ocean that's full of trash. Which makes sense since the rubbish we toss on the roads end up in drains that flow out into the sea...and then they follow the ocean currents out to gyres where ocean currents hm..circulate? hang out? Ah..cannot think of the word.

Anyway, the rubbish collects there, photo-degrades under the sun and ends up in the bellies of the fishes we eat as well as sea birds, all because they look like plankton. Ironically, we eat these fish which means we're actually eating our own waste? Hm..what goes around really comes around.

PS: To be honest, I haven't seen the entire video. I found it too gruesome to watch for a minute but then again, I get really squirmish at mere sight of dead animals on the roads. DON'T WATCH WHILE EATING :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr