When I pronounce the word Future,
the first syllable already belongs to the past.
When I pronounce the word Silence,
I destroy it.
When I pronounce the word Nothing,
I make something no non-being can hold.
She also wrote about "The Joy of Writing". These are my favourite verses:
Lying in wait, set to pounce on the blank page,
are letters up to no good,
clutches of clauses so subordinate
they'll never let her get away.
The joy of writing.Writing as the revenge of a mortal hand. I'm not really proficient when it comes to poems and analysing them but ahh, I really like the words she uses..or at least the ones the translators used :)
The power of preserving.
Revenge of a mortal hand.
And to end:
Every beginning
is only a sequel, after all,
and the book of events
is always open halfway through.
(from Love at First Sight)

0 comments:
Post a Comment