Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Which would you prefer?

Two versions of the same song (Parachute), first sung by Cheryl Cole and then Ingrid Michealson decided to sing the song she wrote too:

Cheryl Cole's (CC) version.

Ingrid Michealson's (IM).

When I first heard CC's version it was like wah, I couldn't stop replaying it on my laptop. And then I discovered Ingrid Michealson sang it too. Today, for the first time I listen to CC with my headphones and realised that her voice sounds a bit chipmunky. I like IM's voice better...but I guess that's what you get when you compare an indie singer to one fifth of a reality tv girl band.

IM's version comes of as whimsical but the seductive-ness of CC's was what made me like the song so much at first. The drumbeats? Plus what I think is a cello? Awesome! Reminds me so much of a tango which you have to admit is one of the most sensuous types of ballroom dancing. And the drums give a sense of urgency to the song.

I think at the end of the day, I like the strings and drumbeat of CC's Parachute a lot more than IM's and that's why I'll continue listen to that version more.

And for Ingrid Michealson, I'll stick to her "The Way I Am":
*LOVE THIS VID* :))


PS: hehe did you know that the waltz was once considered really indecent? I think it's a really elegant dance :/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr