I had this little urge to bake so I popped over to David Lebovitz's blog for inspiration (he's a famous pastry chef...or at least one of the few I know of)
Then I came across this recipe for an idiot-proof chocolate cake called "Chocolate Idiot Cake"
duh
Just what I want! Something simple and quick that can get rid of these baking urges so I can focus on studying...
And then I saw the ingredients list:
10 ounces (290 g) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
7 ounces (200 g) butter, salted or unsalted, cut into pieces
5 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup (200 g) sugar
7 ounces (200 g) butter, salted or unsalted, cut into pieces
5 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup (200 g) sugar
5 eggs.
5 LARGE eggs
And I'm really reluctant to use so many eggs
Hmm..it's a reasonable amount right??
It's no reason why I shouldn't bake right?
Haha it's also the reason why I won't make kaya at home anymore...or attempt to make the indonesian kuih lapis - because I know how much sugar and eggs go into these recipes
I think I'll sleep on it and see what I think of it in the morning.

0 comments:
Post a Comment