Effect: Choc chip cookies with funny, splayed out edges. Also known as "amoeba cookies". And the more "golden" ones were hard (as opposed to chewy) when they cooled down.Cause: I'm guessing it's because I ran out of regular white sugar and substituted it with caster sugar + extra brown sugar...While the cookies were still yummy (according to Moo), I personally found them sweeter than normal. I think using the smaller granules of white sugar and excess brown sugar messed up the moisture content of the cookies, hence the funny shape.Which I should have guessed when I noticed that the cookie dough was stickier than I would have liked. And when it took such a long time to get the cookies to turn golden.Proposed Solution: To pay more attention to the consequences of playing around with tried and tested recipes =P
I still have the cookie dough frozen in my freezer! I couldn't bring myself to serve up these cookies to anyone. I guess it'll become my exam-time fodder :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment