The harmonising and control in their voices is just awesome! (I'm trying to learn to listen out for those kinda stuff)
And then I realised that the song was sung in the Coliseum in Rome. Which made it all the more touching. Just imagine how many Christians were slain there, hated and persecuted, accused for the burning of Rome and considered weird for refusing to worship the Roman Emperor as God. Fast forward to today and they're singing a hymn where so many people died in the name of entertainment.
Sorry, my words aren't as inspiring as their voices.
When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

0 comments:
Post a Comment