Sunday, March 21, 2010

"It's a Malaysian thing"

Late February, I found myself chatting with a stranger. He was a backpacker from Switzerland; an acquaintance of my brother's through a club called Rotaract. Somehow, knowing that he knew my brother (who had asked me to help him out) and that he was a Rotaract president made me trust him quite a bit.

Hm, apparently not many people know what Rotaract is. It's basically the youth/young adults group under Rotary International. So they do charity work, developing their members into leaders etc.

Anyway, I was talking to him about going to Great Ocean Road. Hm, mainly about where to eat. So there I was, telling him about some nice fish and chip places along the way when I realised what I was doing: talking about food.

I stopped suddenly and started laughing while apologising for only talking about food. "It's a Malaysian thing" I said, something that Jack (the backpacker dude) agreed with: "You're brother did the same thing while I was in Perth."

And right now, I'm reading a Malaysian's blog and he's explaining how he planned to do a subject in a certain country, just for the food. And I can't help but laugh and agree with him.

It's a Malaysian thing :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Header image by sabrinaeras @ Flickr